CD8 alpha Antibody (3-298) [FITC] Summary
alpha chain of chicken CD8 (Mr 34 kDa)
Protein A or G purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:100-1:2000
- Flow Cytometry <= 1 ug/10^6 cells
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
- Immunohistochemistry-Frozen 1:10-1:500
- Immunoprecipitation 1:10-1:500
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C. Do not freeze.
0.05% Sodium Azide
Protein A or G purified
Protect conjugated forms from light.
Alternate Names for CD8 alpha Antibody (3-298) [FITC]
- CD8 antigen, alpha polypeptide (p32)
- CD8a antigen
- CD8a molecule
- Leu2 T-lymphocyte antigen
- OKT8 T-cell antigen
- RPA-T8 antibody flow
- RPA-T8 Antibody
- RPA-T8 CD8
- RPA-T8 Clone
- RPA-T8 Flow
- T cell co-receptor
- T8 T-cell antigen
- T-cell antigen Leu2
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD8 alpha chain
- T-lymphocyte differentiation antigen T8/Leu-2
In the chicken, the CD8 molecule is present in two forms: (i) a homodimer of two alpha chains, and (ii) a heterodimer of an alpha chain and a beta chain.1,2 Chicken CD8 is expressed on approximately 80% of thymocytes, 45% of blood mononuclear cells and 50% of spleen cells, but <1% of cells in the bursa and bone marrow. (1) While the vast majority of CD8+ cells in the thymus, spleen, and blood of adult chickens express both CD8alpha- and CD8beta-chains, a relatively large proportion of the CD8+ TCR-gamma delta cells in the spleens of embryos and young chicks express only the alpha-chain of CD8. Among intestinal epithelial lymphocytes, the major CD8+ T cell populations present in mice are conserved, but there is a population of TCR-gamma delta CD8alpha beta cells in the chicken that is not found in rodents. (3) MAb 3-298 recognizes the CD8alpha chain of both the chicken and turkey. (4)
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: Flow, Func, In vitro, In vivo, CyTOF-ready, Flow-CS
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Applications: WB, ELISA, PLA
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
Applications: WB, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vivo, CyTOF-ready
Applications: B/N, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, AgAct
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Applications: B/N, Flow, IP, In vitro
Species: Hu, Rt, Ze
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, PAGE
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, In vitro, CyTOF-ready
Species: Ch, Tr
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IP
Publications for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351) (0)
There are no publications for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351) (0)
There are no reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351). (Showing 1 - 5 of 5 FAQ).
I'm looking for a good anti CD8 antibody working on immunofluorescence on murine tumoral tissue fixed in paraformaldehyde, cryoprotected with sucrose, frozen in OCT medium and sectioned with a cryostat.
- I would recommend our CD8 alpha antibody NBP1-49045, it is guaranteed to work in IHC-P and and IHC-FR.
How do I know if this will actually work in IHC?
- This CD8 alpha antibody has been validated in IHC and has been cited in a paper where it was used in IHC. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3387923/
Will this CD8 alpha antibody work for rabbit in IHC-FR?
- Unfortunately this CD8 alpha antibody has not yet been validated in rabbit and there no sequence info in uniprot yet so we can't speculate based on homology. You may want to take advantage of our innovator's reward program which will allow you to test in rabbit without any financial risk.
Does this CD8 alpha antibody detect both forms of CD8?
- Both the alpha - beta heterodimer as well as the alpha - alpha homodimer are detected by the (53-6.7) CD8 alpha antibody.
Would you recommend your CD8 alpha antibody as a T-Cell marker?
- Yes this CD8 alpha anitbody has been cited in a study where it was used in FACS to separate out CD8+ T-cells. Please see the references tab PMID: 1608966. It is important to note that our CD8 alpha antibody may also stain mature dendritic cells and NK cells.
Additional CD8 alpha Products
Bioinformatics Tool for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
PTMs for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351)
Learn more about PTMs related to CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351).
Research Areas for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-28351)
Find related products by research area.
Blogs on CD8 alpha.