CD8 alpha Antibody (15-11C5) Summary
The antibody reacts with the CD8-antigen.
This monoclonal antibody recognizes rat CD8 antigen (MW 34 kDa and 39 kDa) and is reactive with all common inbred strains. 15-11C5 is derived from hybridization of mouse SP2/0 myeloma cells with spleen cells from Balb/c mice immunized with WAG/Rij spleen cells.
Protein A or G purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
PBS and 50% Glycerol
0.01% Sodium Azide
Protein A or G purified
- Flow Cytometry 1:10-1:1000
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
- Immunohistochemistry-Frozen 1:10-1:500
This antibody can be used for flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry on frozen sections.For flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry dilutions to be used depend on detection system applied. It is recommended that users test the reagent and determine their own optimal dilutions. The typical starting working dilution is 1:10 for flow cytometry
Alternate Names for CD8 alpha Antibody (15-11C5)
- CD8 antigen, alpha polypeptide (p32)
- CD8a antigen
- CD8a molecule
- Leu2 T-lymphocyte antigen
- OKT8 T-cell antigen
- RPA-T8 antibody flow
- RPA-T8 Antibody
- RPA-T8 CD8
- RPA-T8 Clone
- RPA-T8 Flow
- T cell co-receptor
- T8 T-cell antigen
- T-cell antigen Leu2
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD8 alpha chain
- T-lymphocyte differentiation antigen T8/Leu-2
CD8a is a 32 kD glycoprotein also known as T8, Lyt2, Ly-2, and CD8 alpha. CD8a is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily expressed on most thymocytes, subset of mature T cells, most NK cells, macrophages, and some activated CD4+ T cells (not resting). CD8a forms heterodimers with the CD8 beta chain (CD8b) on the surface of most thymocytes, while mature peripheral T lymphocytes express almost exclusively the CD8 alpha beta heterodimer. Intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes express CD8a without CD8b. CD8 is an antigen co-receptor on T cells that interacts with MHC class I on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. CD8 participates in T cell activation through its association with the T cell receptor complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck (p56lck).
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, Func, In vitro, In vivo, Flow-CS
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, S-ELISA
Applications: WB, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vivo
Applications: B/N, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, Flow, AgAct
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Applications: WB, B/N, Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr
Species: Hu, Rt, Ze
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Publications for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-42352) (0)
There are no publications for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-42352).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-42352) (0)
There are no reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-42352).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-42352). (Showing 1 - 5 of 5 FAQ).
I'm looking for a good anti CD8 antibody working on immunofluorescence on murine tumoral tissue fixed in paraformaldehyde, cryoprotected with sucrose, frozen in OCT medium and sectioned with a cryostat.
- I would recommend our CD8 alpha antibody NBP1-49045, it is guaranteed to work in IHC-P and and IHC-FR.
How do I know if this will actually work in IHC?
- This CD8 alpha antibody has been validated in IHC and has been cited in a paper where it was used in IHC. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3387923/
Will this CD8 alpha antibody work for rabbit in IHC-FR?
- Unfortunately this CD8 alpha antibody has not yet been validated in rabbit and there no sequence info in uniprot yet so we can't speculate based on homology. You may want to take advantage of our innovator's reward program which will allow you to test in rabbit without any financial risk.
Does this CD8 alpha antibody detect both forms of CD8?
- Both the alpha - beta heterodimer as well as the alpha - alpha homodimer are detected by the (53-6.7) CD8 alpha antibody.
Would you recommend your CD8 alpha antibody as a T-Cell marker?
- Yes this CD8 alpha anitbody has been cited in a study where it was used in FACS to separate out CD8+ T-cells. Please see the references tab PMID: 1608966. It is important to note that our CD8 alpha antibody may also stain mature dendritic cells and NK cells.
Additional CD8 alpha Antibody (15-11C5) Products
Related Products by Gene
Bioinformatics Tool for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-42352)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP1-42352). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on CD8 alpha.