CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody Summary
Recombinant protein encompassing a sequence within the center region of human CD31. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:5000-1:20000
- Immunohistochemistry 10 - 1:500
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:100-1:1000
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Aliquot and store at -20C or -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
0.1M Tris (pH 7.0), 0.1M Glycine and 10% Glycerol
Immunogen affinity purified
Alternate Names for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody
- adhesion molecule
- CD31 antigen
- PECAM-1, CD31/EndoCAM
- platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule
Induces susceptibility to atherosclerosis (By similarity). Cell adhesion molecule which is required for leukocyte transendothelial migration (TEM) under most inflammatory conditions. Tyr-690 plays a critical role in TEM and is required for efficient trafficking of PECAM1 to and from the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and is also essential for the LBRC membrane to be targeted around migrating leukocytes. Prevents phagocyte ingestion of closely apposed viable cells by transmitting 'detachment' signals, and changes function on apoptosis, promoting tethering of dying cells to phagocytes (the encounter of a viable cell with a phagocyte via the homophilic interaction of PECAM1 on both cell surfaces leads to the viable cell's active repulsion from the phagocyte. During apoptosis, the inside-out signaling of PECAM1 is somehow disabled so that the apoptotic cell does not actively reject the phagocyte anymore. The lack of this repulsion signal together with the interaction of the eat-me signals and their respective receptors causes the attachment of the apoptotic cell to the phagocyte, thus triggering the process of engulfment). Isoform Delta15 is unable to protect against apoptosis. Modulates BDKRB2 activation. Regulates bradykinin- and hyperosmotic shock-induced ERK1/2 activation in human umbilical cord vein cells (HUVEC).
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Applications: WB, ELISA, PLA
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vivo, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, Neut
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (NBP2-15797) (0)
There are no publications for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (NBP2-15797).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (NBP2-15797) (0)
There are no reviews for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (NBP2-15797).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (NBP2-15797). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
I am looking for references concerning the use of NBP2-15797, NBP1-47913 and NB100-2284 in IHC on PFA- fixed section.
- Among your mentioned catalog numbers (NBP2-15797, NBP1-47913 and NB100-2284), we have published references for NB100-2284 only. Hylander et al. 2013 (Journal of Translational Medicine 2013, 11:110) have cited the IHC-P use of NB100-2284 and this paper has also explained a nice detailed IHC-P protocol that you may follow if you want to. NBP1-71663 is our bestselling catalog number among all CD31/PECAM1 antibodies and it has been cited in two publications, both explaining its use in IHC-P assays (Pratheeshkumar et al. 2012 PLoS One. 2012;7(10):e47516; and Pratheeshkumar et al. 2012 PLoS One. 2012;7(12):e52279)
Additional CD31/PECAM-1 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (NBP2-15797)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CD31/PECAM-1 Antibody (NBP2-15797). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on CD31/PECAM-1.