Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody Summary
APOA4 (AAH74764.1, 1 a.a. ~ 396 a.a) full-length human protein.MFLKAVVLTLALVAVAGARAEVSADQVATVMWDYFSQLSNNAKEAVEHLQKSELTQQLNALFQDKLGEVNTYAGDLQKKLVPFATELHERLAKDSEKLKEEIGKELEELRARLLPHANEVSQKIGDNLRELQQRLEPYADQLRTQVNTQAEQLRRQLTPYAQRMERVLRENADSLQASLRPHADELKAKIDQNVEELKGRLTPYADEFKVKIDQTVEELRRSLAPYAQDTQEKLNHQLEGLTFQMKKNAEELKAR
APOA4 - apolipoprotein A-IV,
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Aliquot and store at -20C or -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
PBS (pH 7.4)
Concentrations vary lot to lot. See vial label for concentration. If unlisted please contact technical services.
Antibody reactive against transfected lysate for western blot. It has also been used for ELISA and immunohistochemistry (paraffin).
This product is produced by and distributed for Abnova, a company based in Taiwan.
Alternate Names for Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody
- Apolipoprotein A4
- Apolipoprotein AIV
- apolipoprotein A-IV
Apoliprotein (apo) A-IV gene contains 3 exons separated by two introns. A sequence polymorphism has been identified in the 3'UTR of the third exon. The primary translation product is a 396-residue preprotein which after proteolytic processing is secreted its primary site of synthesis, the intestine, in association with chylomicron particles. Although its precise function is not known, apo A-IV is a potent activator of lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferase in vitro. [provided by RefSeq]
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, S-ELISA
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt(-)
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Rb
Applications: WB, IHC
Applications: WB, Simple Western
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC
Applications: WB, IHC
Applications: ICC/IF (-), WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, IHC-FrFl
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-Fr
Applications: WB, Flow, IA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody (H00000337-B01P)(1)
Showing Publication 1 - 1
Reviews for Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody (H00000337-B01P) (0)
There are no reviews for Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody (H00000337-B01P).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody (H00000337-B01P). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQ).
I would like to buy antibodies APOA4 (apolipoprotein AIV) for the cows (to western blot). I know that You don't have the antibodies for this species. Could You propose the best atibodies which I could test (use) in my experiment?
- All eight of our APOA4 antibodies were raised against the human protein, and all of them have currently only been tested against human samples. I ran an alignment for you and found that there is a 77% sequence homology between human and bovine APOA4, so it is possible that the antibodies raised against human APOA4 may recognise the bovine protein. Should you wish to try any of our antibodies with your samples, you may be interested in our Innovator's Reward Program, which allows you to try our primary antibodies in an untested species or application without the financial risk of failure. To participate you simply complete an online review with an image, detailing the positive or negative results of your study, and in return you receive a discount voucher for 100% of the purchase price of the reviewed product.
Would this antibody work with Mouse or Rat? And has it been tested?
- This antibody has never been tested in Mouse or Rat. We will list any applications or species that have been tested and confirmed not to work by customers or ourselves with a (-) sign next to them. If the species or application is simply not present it means we have yet to test it. Testing is typically performed against the human protein. Here is the immunogen used for this antibody against the human sequence: MFLKAVVLTLALVAVAGARAEVSADQVATVMWDYFSQLSNNAKEAVEHLQKSELTQQLNALFQDKLGEVNTYAGDLQKKLVPFATELHERLAKDSEKLKEEIGKELEELRARLLPHANEVSQKIGDNLRELQQRLEPYADQLRTQVNTQAEQLRRQLTPYAQRMERVLRENADSLQASLRPHADELKAKIDQNVEELKGRLTPYADEFKVKIDQTVEELRRSLAPYAQDTQEKLNHQLEGLTFQMKKNAEELKARISASAEELRQRLAPLAEDVRGNLRGNTEGLQKSLAELGGHLDQQVEEFRRRVEPYGENFNKALVQQMEQLRQKLGPHAGDVEGHLSFLEKDLRDKVNSFFSTFKEKESQDKTLSLPELEQQQEQQQEQQQEQVQMLAPLES. We do not epitope map this antibody, so it is uncertain where the polyclonal binds along this sequence, and if it will detect mouse or rat samples. I suggest running a blast against the protein to see how high the homology is. Typically our lab doesn't recommend testing anything unless it is at least 85% homologous. If homology is 85% or higher we can recommend our Innovators Reward Program. Our Innovator's Reward is offered to reward researchers for testing new species and applications with our products. If testing on this antibody is performed on an untested species and/or application, and the results are shared, then the antibody is eligible for the Innovator's Reward. Under this program, Novus will provide you a credit of equal or lesser value on a future product of equal value in exchange for your new data in the form of an online review. The great thing is you are eligible even if the antibody doesn't work because the data is still useful to us.
Additional Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody Products
Related Products by Gene
Bioinformatics Tool for Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody (H00000337-B01P)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody (H00000337-B01P). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
PTMs for Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody (H00000337-B01P)
Learn more about PTMs related to Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4 Antibody (H00000337-B01P).
Blogs on Apolipoprotein A-IV/ApoA4