Vitamin K plays a vital role in blood clotting and supports proteins that are important to the process. Natural vitamin K is not toxic at high levels, however, synthetic vitamin K can be toxic if taken in excess. When injected vitamin K can cause liver toxicity, jaundice, and hemolytic anemia. These injections were usually given to infants that haven’t produced the ability to make vitamin K naturally. Since there are too many risks involved these injections are not used anymore. Vitamin K is one of the only vitamins that can be made in your body so healthy adults don’t usually need to take supplements and deficiency is uncommon.
Poisoning By Vitamin K Bioinformatics Tool
Laverne is a handy bioinformatics tool to help facilitate scientific exploration of related genes, diseases and pathways based on co-citations. Explore more on Poisoning By Vitamin K below!
For more information on how to use Laverne, please read the How to Guide.
We have 23 products for the study of Poisoning By Vitamin K that can be applied to Western Blot, Flow Cytometry, Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence, Immunohistochemistry from our catalog of antibodies and ELISA kits.