Neonatal hepatitis is liver inflammation that occurs in early infancy, usually within one or two months after birth. An estimated 20 per cent of infants who develop neonatal hepatitis were infected before birth through their mother, or shortly after birth. In the other 80 per cent of infants, there is no specific cause but experts suspect a virus is to blame. There is no cure for neonatal hepatitis, but vitamin supplements and prescriptions to help with bile flow are often given to the infant. Neonatal hepatitis can be prevented by not coming in contact with an infected infant, especially pregnant women, for this disease is transmittable through close contact.
Neonatal Hepatitis Bioinformatics Tool
Laverne is a handy bioinformatics tool to help facilitate scientific exploration of related genes, diseases and pathways based on co-citations. Explore more on Neonatal Hepatitis below!
For more information on how to use Laverne, please read the How to Guide.
We have 2375 products for the study of Neonatal Hepatitis that can be applied to Flow Cytometry, Western Blot, Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence, Immunohistochemistry from our catalog of antibodies and ELISA kits.