Applications: WB, ELISA, PA
FUNCTION: Probably involved in formation of autophagosomal vacuoles (autophagosomes). SUBUNIT: 3 different light chains, LC1, LC2 and LC3, can associate with MAP1A and MAP1B proteins. SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: LC3-I: Cytoplasm. LC3-II: Intracytoplasmic membrane; lipid-anchor. LC3-II binds to the autophagic membranes. TISSUE SPECIFICITY: Most abundant in placenta, lung and ovary. PTM: The precursor molecule is cleaved by APG4B/ATG4B to form the cytosolic form, LC3-I. This is activated by APG7L/ATG7, transferred to ATG3 and conjugated to phospholipid to form the membrane-bound form, LC3-II. SIMILARITY: Belongs to the MAP1 LC3 family.
|Product By Gene ID
- MAP1A/MAP1B LC3 C
- microtubule-associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3C
- MAP1 light chain 3-like protein 3
- MAP1 light chain 3-like protein 2
- Autophagy-related ubiquitin-like modifier LC3 C
- LC3-like protein 2
- Autophagy-related protein LC3 C
- microtubule-associated protein 1 light chain 3 gammaMAP1A/MAP1B light chain 3 C
Bioinformatics Tool for LC3C/MAP1LC3C
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to LC3C/MAP1LC3C. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.