Aquaporin-2 Antibody Summary
||Human, Mouse, Rat
Bovine (100%), Porcine (100%), Sheep (100%). Backed by our 100% Guarantee
||WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Immunogen affinity purified
All of our products are backed by our 100% guarantee to work for stated and predicted species and applications.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Aquaporin-2 Antibody Details
Synthetic peptide made to a C-terminus portion of rat Aquaporin-2 (within residues 200-300). [Swiss-Prot# P34080]
Human, rat and mouse. 100% sequence identity with sheep, porcine, and bovine proteins.
||Read Publications using NB110-74682 in the following species:
- Western Blot 1:1000-1:5000
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:100-1:200
- Immunohistochemistry 1:100-1:200
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:100-1:200
This Aquaporin-2 antibody is useful for Western blot, where bands can be seen ~28 kDa for the non-glycosylated form and ~37 kDa for the glycosylated form. It is also useful for Immunocytochemistry and Immunohistochemistry on paraffin-embedded sections. Immunohistochemistry-Frozen was reported in scientific literature.
Frequently Purchased Together
Earn rewards points by submitting your review for Aquaporin-2 Antibody (NB110-74682). Be the first to review this product and earn double rewards points!
Aquaporin-2 Antibody (NB110-74682) has been mentioned in at least 9 publications
Earn rewards if you have published using Aquaporin-2 Antibody (NB110-74682).
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C. Do not freeze.
0.05% Sodium Azide
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Alternate Names for Aquaporin-2 Antibody
- ADH water channel
- aquaporin 2 (collecting duct)
Related Products by Gene
, AQUAPORIN 6
, NEPHROGENIC DIABETES INSIPIDUS
, AQUAPORIN 1
, AQUAPORIN 3
, PROTEIN KINASE A
Aquaporin 2 (AQP2) is a membrane protein involved in plasma membrane water transport in the renal collecting duct. This antibody is targeted to a peptide sequence upstream from the phosphorylated region that, upon phosphorylation, can diminish the antibody signal in immunoblots and immunocytochemistry.
Reviews for Aquaporin-2 Antibody (NB110-74682) (0)
There are no reviews for Aquaporin-2 Antibody (NB110-74682).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Have you used Aquaporin-2 Antibody (NB110-74682)? Submit your review and earn rewards points which can be used for merchandise & discounts.
Points can be redeemed for discounts and gift cards:
Publications for Aquaporin-2 Antibody (NB110-74682) (9)
Read what people are writing who have used Aquaporin-2 Antibody (NB110-74682).
We have publications tested in 2 confirmed species: Mouse, Rat.
We have publications tested in 4 applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr.
Have you published using Aquaporin-2 Antibody (NB110-74682)? Submit your review and earn rewards points which can be used for merchandise & discounts.
Filter By Application
Filter By Species
|Yu MJ, Miller RL, Uawithya P et al. Systems-level analysis of cell-specific AQP2 gene expression in renal collecting duct. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A;106(7):2441-6. 2009 Feb 17. [PMID: 19190182] (WB, ICC/IF, Mouse)
|Hoffert JD, Fenton RA, Moeller HB et al. Vasopressin-stimulated increase in phosphorylation at Ser269 potentiates plasma membrane retention of aquaporin-2. J Biol Chem;283(36):24617-27. 2008 Sep 5. [PMID: 18606813] (WB, IHC, Mouse)
|Moeller HB, Knepper MA, Fenton RA. Serine 269 phosphorylated aquaporin-2 is targeted to the apical membrane of collecting duct principal cells. Kidney Int;75(3):295-303. 2009 Feb. [PMID: 18843259] (WB, IHC, ICC/IF, Mouse, Rat)
||IHC, ICC/IF, WB
|Takumida M, Kakigi A, Egami N et al. Localization of aquaporins 1, 2, and 3 and vasopressin type 2 receptor in the mouse inner ear Acta Otolaryngol 2012 Jul 6 [PMID: 22768909] (IHC, ICC/IF, Mouse)
|Toka HR, Al-Romaih K, Koshy JM et al. Deficiency of the Calcium-Sensing Receptor in the Kidney Causes Parathyroid Hormone-Independent Hypocalciuria J Am Soc Nephrol 2012 Sep 20 [PMID: 22997254]
|Takumida M, Takumida H, Kakigi A et al. Localization of aquaporins in the mouse vestibular end organs. Acta Otolaryngol 2013 Apr 30 [PMID: 23628076] (IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, Mouse)
|Sanz E, Evanoff R, Quintana A et al. RiboTag Analysis of Actively Translated mRNAs in Sertoli and Leydig Cells In Vivo. PLoS One 2013 Jun 11 [PMID: 23776628] (WB, IHC-Fr, Mouse)
|Gao Y, Romero-Aleshire MJ, Cai Q et al. Rapamycin inhibition of mTORC1 reverses lithium-induced proliferation of renal collecting duct cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013 Oct [PMID: 23884148] (WB, Mouse)
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
Ask a Scientist
Submit your question on below.
During business hours, we will respond to your email within 24 hours. For any questions submitted on the weekend, a response will be received on Monday.
For immediate assistance during business hours M- F (excluding major holidays), please contact us
FAQs for Aquaporin-2 (4)
- We have a customer who is interested in catalog # NB110-74682, but he needs more information regarding the sequence if possible. The range of 200-300 covers both a predicted helical and cytoplasmic domain. Would it be possible to know if the exact sequence is contained entirely within either of these domains? He is hoping for the helical as he needs to detect on the cell surface.
- Unfortunately for your customer, NB110-74682 recognizes the cytoplasmic domain.
- I have a customer who is interested in antibody NB100-74682 anti-Aquaporin. They are concerned about the fact that there are only a few extracellular amino acids in the region 200-300 of AQP2. Please see below. The immunogen for anti-AQP2 is listed as aa 200 - 300 of aquaporin 2. This product is listed as having application in ICC, which requires an extracellular epitope. From looking at the structure of Aquaporin 2, it appears that only about 4 residues of aa200 - 300 are extracellular. Can you explain this? Do you know if the cells were permeabilized for the ICC image shown on your datasheet or was the antibody able to cross the membrane efficiently enough to stain without permeabilizing the cells?
- Our immunogen for NB110-74682 is to the cytoplasmic domain of AQP2. Furthermore, your customer is incorrect that ICC requires and extracellular domain, as many antibodies that recognize an intracellular target work quite well for ICC when the cells are permeabilized. We permeabilize for all of our ICC testing and this antibody certainly requires it.
- In the immunohistochemistry paraffin section protocol....the PBS buffer....should it be at certain pH?
- For IHC application, different labs cites the pH of PBS buffer in the range of 7.1 - 7.6 but most commonly used pH is pH 7.4 (this is what we use in our lab). You may use this PBS (pH 7.4) for making permeablization buffer, antibody diluent buffers and for making wash buffer. For more on the protocol that we use in our lab and for IHC-P troubleshooting suggestions, you may visit: IHC-P Protocol and IHC-P Troubleshooting.
- I was wondering what does Format 7C mean as far as anitbodies go?
- 7C is a fluorophore - it is useful for FLOW. The details of the fluor are (A=425, E=500)
Bioinformatics Tool for Aquaporin-2
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Aquaporin-2. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Diseases for Aquaporin-2
Discover more about diseases related to Aquaporin-2.
Pathways for Aquaporin-2
View related products by pathway.
Research Areas for Aquaporin-2
Find related products by research area.
PTMs for Aquaporin-2
Learn more about PTMs related to Aquaporin-2.