ABCG8 Antibody (1B10A5) Summary
||WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Protein G purified
All of our products are backed by our 100% guarantee to work for stated and predicted species and applications.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
ABCG8 Antibody (1B10A5) Details
Full length mouse ABCG8 [Swiss-Prot# Q9DBM0]
Membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein
Mouse and human.
||Read Publications using NBP1-71706 in the following species:
- Western Blot 1:1000
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:100
- Immunohistochemistry 1:100
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:100
- Immunoprecipitation 25ug
This ABCG8 (clone 1B10A5) antibody is useful for Western blot, Immunoprecipitation, Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence and Immunohistochemistry on paraffin-embedded sections.
Read Publications using
NBP1-71706 in the following applications:
Frequently Purchased Together
Earn rewards points by submitting your review for ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706). Be the first to review this product and earn double rewards points!
ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706) has been mentioned in at least 5 publications
Earn rewards if you have published using ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706).
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Tris-glycine, 150 mM NaCl
0.05% Sodium Azide
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Alternate Names for ABCG8 Antibody (1B10A5)
- ATP-binding cassette sub-family G member 8
- ATP-binding cassette, sub-family G (WHITE), member 8
- ATP-binding cassette, sub-family G (WHITE), member 8 (sterolin 2)
- GBD4ATP-binding cassette, subfamily G, member 8
Related Products by Gene
, ATP-BINDING CASSETTE TRANSPORTER
Normal digestion is partially facilitated by the function of ABCG8 and its counterpart ABCG5, which together form a heterodimer which transports cholesterol out of the liver and into bile. Subsequently, cholesterol is eliminated from the bodies of healthy individuals. However, in cases of insulin resistance, this functionality is impaired, and digestion does not result in complete elimination of harmful cholesterol. Unsurprisingly, mutations in ABCG8 can lead to gallstone disease, biliary cancer, hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis. In studies related to diabetes, heart disease, and digestive cancers, ABCG8 is commonly assessed for normal expression, function and interaction with ABCG5.
Reviews for ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706) (0)
There are no reviews for ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Have you used ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706)? Submit your review and earn rewards points which can be used for merchandise & discounts.
Points can be redeemed for discounts and gift cards:
Publications for ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706) (5)
Read what people are writing who have used ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706).
We have publications tested in 2 confirmed species: Human, Mouse.
We have publications tested in 3 applications: WB, ICC/IF, IP.
Have you published using ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706)? Submit your review and earn rewards points which can be used for merchandise & discounts.
Filter By Application
Filter By Species
|af GA, Yu L, Li WP, Gerard R, Tuma PL, Cohen JC, Hobbs HH. ABCG5 and ABCG8 are obligate heterodimers for protein trafficking and biliary cholesterol excretion. J Biol Chem;278(48):48275-82. 2003 Nov 28. [PMID: 14504269] (WB, Human, Mouse)
|Zhang DW, Graf GA, Gerard RD, Cohen JC, Hobbs HH. Functional asymmetry of nucleotide-binding domains in ABCG5 and ABCG8. J Biol Chem;281(7):4507-16. 2006 Feb 17. [PMID: 16352607] (WB, IP, Mouse)
|Wang J, Zhang DW, Lei Y, Xu F, Cohen JC, Hobbs HH, Xie XS. Purification and reconstitution of sterol transfer by native mouse ABCG5 and ABCG8. Biochemistry;47(18):5194-204. 2008 May 6. [PMID: 18402465] (WB, IP, ICC/IF, Mouse)
||ICC/IF, IP, WB
|Wang J, Grishin N, Kinch L, Cohen JC, Hobbs HH, Xie XS. Sequences in the nonconsensus nucleotide-binding domain of ABCG5/ABCG8 required for sterol transport. J Biol Chem;286(9):7308-14. 2011 Mar 4. [PMID: 21209088] (WB, Mouse)
|von Kampen O, Buch S, Nothnagel M et al. Genetic and functional identification of the likely causative variant for cholesterol gallstone disease at the ABCG5/8 lithogenic locus. Hepatology 2012 Aug 16 [PMID: 22898925] (ICC/IF, Human)
Product General Protocols
View specific protocols for ABCG8 Antibody (NBP1-71706):
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
Ask a Scientist
Submit your question on below.
During business hours, we will respond to your email within 24 hours. For any questions submitted on the weekend, a response will be received on Monday.
For immediate assistance during business hours M- F (excluding major holidays), please contact us
FAQs for ABCG8 (3)
- I have two options for ABCG8 primary antibodies from Novus Biologicals which we can use for fluorescence microscopy. Both of them have not been used/ tested in caco-2 cells (human colon carcinoma cell line) which is our model but for the below: 1) Used for IHC-P in liver, tonsil tissues (species human) (http://www.novusbio.com/ABCG8-Antibody_NBP1-83388.html); 2) Used for IHC-P in mouse intestine (species - mouse) (http://www.novusbio.com/ABCG8-Antibody-1B10A5_NBP1-71706SS.html); Out of the above two which do you and your team think will be more applicable for our purpose.
- I have spoken to our team and we would recommend using NBP1-83388 and applying for our Innovators Reward Program. Because you are doing ICC staining and we have only tested in tissue. Since it is confirmed to react with human and stain tissue it should probably be a better candidate than testing one which has worked in mouse samples, but not been shown to detect the human form of the protein.
- In the immunohistochemistry paraffin section protocol....the PBS buffer....should it be at certain pH?
- For IHC application, different labs cites the pH of PBS buffer in the range of 7.1 - 7.6 but most commonly used pH is pH 7.4 (this is what we use in our lab). You may use this PBS (pH 7.4) for making permeablization buffer, antibody diluent buffers and for making wash buffer. For more on the protocol that we use in our lab and for IHC-P troubleshooting suggestions, you may visit: IHC-P Protocol and IHC-P Troubleshooting.
- I was wondering what does Format 7C mean as far as anitbodies go?
- 7C is a fluorophore - it is useful for FLOW. The details of the fluor are (A=425, E=500)
Bioinformatics Tool for ABCG8
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to ABCG8. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Diseases for ABCG8
Discover more about diseases related to ABCG8.
Pathways for ABCG8
View related products by pathway.
Research Areas for ABCG8
Find related products by research area.
PTMs for ABCG8
Learn more about PTMs related to ABCG8.
Blogs on ABCG8
Check out the latest blog posts on ABCG8.